The GlenDronach Distillery has announced a new lineup of limited edition bottles hitting US liquor store shelves. The Scottish distillery is among the country’s oldest and most beloved Scotch producers. And the distillery has earned many fans across the pond in the US. The GlenDronach is treating Scotch enthusiasts to a trio of limited-edition offerings from the 19th batch of its Cask Bottling collection. Batch 19 includes three casks laid down between 1992 and 1994 and bottled from Oloroso and Pedro Ximénez casks.
“The GlenDronach Cask Bottling Batch 19 offers an insight into our sherry cask maturation history and the exceptional quality of the casks we have at The GlenDronach,” shares Master Blender Dr. Rachel Barrie in a press release. “I have personally chosen these casks to celebrate and share the very best of the distillery’s character. Each represents the rich selection of barrels, Hogsheads, Puncheons and Butts that have been used throughout The GlenDronach’s history. This release reflects our enduring commitment to crafting the most exceptional, richly sherried Single Malts representative of The GlenDronach’s rare dedication to its craft, embodied in every expression.”
The three offerings are 1992 CASK 217 ($820), aged for 29 years in an Oloroso Sherry Butt; 1992 CASK 6052 ($720), aged for 28 years in a Pedro Ximénez puncheon; and 1994 CASK 5080 ($600), aged for 27 years in an Oloroso puncheon. Each of the three releases is available in different states across the country. Find more details about the three bottles below.
1992 CASK 217
- Appearance: Mahogany
- Nose: The luxurious aroma of leather and raisin pudding, enriched with apricot, mixed peel, and sultana raisins.
- Palate: Treacle, dark muscovado sugar, and dried fruit cake, with cherry, nutmeg, and raisin.
- ABV: 55.4%
- Bottles Produced: 383
- States: GA, MA, NY, NJ
1992 CASK 6052
- Appearance: Burnished Copper
- Nose: Exquisite plum, strawberry and red grape, with the finest crème anglaise and dark chocolate.
- Palate: Elegant and fruity with mandarin, redcurrant and apricot jam, with chocolate orange cream liqueur.
- ABV: 50.8%
- Bottles Produced: 658
- States: CA, ID, IN, KY, LA, NM, NC, ND, NE, MT, OH, OK, OR, TX, UT, WA, WY
1994 CASK 5080
- Appearance: Auburn
- Nose: The exquisite elegance of orange peel and heather honey, with redcurrant and cocoa dusted truffle.
- Palate: Sumptuous chocolate, orange, and cranberry ganache with candied walnut and honey.
- ABV: 54.3%
- Bottles Produced: 667
- States: AZ, CO, DE, DC, IL, FL, MD, MN, MD, NV, SC